If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (660) 665-3390

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Water Damage to Mold

8/20/2020 (Permalink)

Commercial buildings are not exempt to water damage. Water damage left uncared for can produce mold growth. Mold growing in a commercial structure may pose serious issues for the owners, tenants and even customers.

Most encounters with mold are after it has had the opportunity to grow and become visible. However, there are ways you can spot mold growth before it gets out of control. When you see moisture or a water loss happening, jump into action, stopping the source of a water loss can greatly reduce the chances of mold growing over time.

A different or unusual odor.

Mold can grow in your office ceiling for some time before you begin to see it. There are instances when the mold odor may become obvious before the staining may show though the paint or ceiling tiles. If you or your colleagues notice a persistently robust odor, musty, or damp smell in a particular section of your office, mold is likely underlying. SERVPRO® of Kirksville’s production manager and trained SERVPRO® heroes have a keen understanding and the most up to date training for all the stages of mold remediation.

Moisture Exposure

If your building was affected by the flooding, it more likely you commercial building will experience mold growth. In this instance, before you can notice the strange odor creeping though the office, mold may start to gain traction in the affected areas. If there was a leak in the roof or basement of your building. Mold may have certainly begin to develop. Having an IICRC trained and certified crew, SERVPRO® of Kirksville is ready and here to help your business begin the steps it takes to make it "Like it never even happened."  

Slight Discoloration

The office walls or ceiling could start to become discolored. Before they become completely gray or black, you may notice some slight darkening initially. Including the browning stain in the ceiling. This is a possible sign of mold growth that should be investigated further by your local SERVPRO® of Kirksville’s trained technicians.

Even if only one of these cases is present in your building, you should not attempt to determine the severity or clean up the mold yourself. It may not be contained to what your see with the naked eye. You should contact the specialist at SERVPRO® of Kirksville.

Our trained professionals can properly identify the entirety of the growth. Even if the mold cannot be seen or the mildew smell is not present at the moment, the specialist can use infrared thermal cameras to detect the presence and level of moisture in your office space. With this information, the specialist can make a proper recommendation for the safest cleanup.

Water entering your commercial structure can lead to mold growth quickly. Mold smell in your office space should not be taken lightly. Overlooking it or using traditional cleanup measures may lead to bigger problems down the road. It is best to contact your local SERVPRO® of Kirksville specialist early on who can complete, thorough assessment and recommend a safe solution. If you have inquires on how SERVPRO® of Kirksville can help your business, please feel free to call or text, 660-665-3390. We are always here to help.

Other News

View Recent Posts