If You Let Water Sit...
When dealing with water damage, it is imperative to act quickly. Water damage can lead to a host of issues, especially the longer it sits. SERVPRO of Kirksville has 24 hour emergency services. We are always ready to help you, day or night. Below is a timeline of how quickly water can damage your home and belongings:
- Water floods throughout your home or business
- Your walls, flooring and contents in your home are saturated
- Damage to your furniture and personal belongings
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall shows sign of damage (swelling, breaking)
- Furniture can swell
- You’ll notice a musty smell begin to set in
- Anything with dye in it may begin to bleed
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew can begin e to grow
- House structures can warp and swell
- Paint may begin to peel or blister
- Wood flooring swells and warps
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.